Romantic Recipes for Valentine’s Day
One of the most staple Valentine’s Day gifts are various chocolates in a red heart-shaped box. Instead of relying on these little chocolates to satisfy your sweet tooth, try baking your own Valentine’s Day desserts for your special someone. The following recipes are sure to sweeten up your night!
Fudge Brownies with Nuts
These moist brownies feature all of the richness that you crave in a brownie, along with the satisfying crunch of the nuts.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour, minus one tablespoon
- ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ¼ cup of sugar
- 4 ½ tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 2/3 cup of chopped walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- Coat the bottom of an 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Preheat the oven to 350-degrees.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan. Remove from heat and stir in cocoa and sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla, stirring until smooth. Add flour and baking powder, and then mix until the batter is smooth and combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan. Sprinkle the nuts and chocolate chips over the top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out almost clean.
This deliciously simple strawberry shortcake is the perfect romantic dessert for your Valentine’s Day.
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries
- Premade angel food cake (or homemade, if you’d like), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 container of frozen whipped topping
- 8 ounces of softened cream cheese
- ½ cup of sugar
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- Wash and stem the strawberries, then cut them into fours and put into a bowl.
- Add sugar into the bowl and toss to mix in with strawberries, and then refrigerate.
- Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a separate bowl.
- Fold in the whipped topping and cake pieces.
- Spread into an ungreased pan, and then chill for at least two hours.
- Serve the cake topped with strawberries, and extra whipped topping if desired.
NILLA Turtle Candies
These sweet, crunchy candies are delicious, and perfect for kids.
- 18 NILLA wafers
- Chocolate syrup
- 8 caramel squares
- 18 pecan halves
- 1 teaspoon of water
- Place wafers on a plate or sheet.
- Add the caramels and water to a bowl and microwave on medium heat for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until caramel is melted.
- Spoon ½ teaspoon of caramel onto each wafer and top with a pecan. Drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
Mint Chocolate Truffles
These mint chocolate truffles are the perfect dessert, with the added touch of love that store-bought candy lacks .
- 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate
- 8 ounces of bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ounces of melt-able milk chocolate
- One 14-ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 to 4 drop of mint extract, to taste
- Powdered sugar
- Pink food coloring
- Add the semisweet chocolate, bittersweet chocolate, and sweetened condensed milk to a saucepan on medium-low heat until the mixture is smooth.
- Stir in mint extract to taste, or 4 drops.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate for about two hours, or until cool.
- Once cooled, roll the mixture into small 1-inch balls and dip into the melted milk chocolate.
- Color the powdered sugar with the food coloring, and then sprinkle on top of the truffles.
These recipes and many more can add to the romance on your Valentine’s Day. Show your love to that special someone by homemaking your Valentine’s Day desserts! From chocolaty candies to strawberry shortcake, these recipes are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!