2013 is shaping up to be a very exciting year for fashion, with lots of wearable trends and flattering colors being in style at the moment. If you’re looking to update your wardrobe in line with the current style and color trends, here are just a handful of the essential pieces you need to start shopping for:
- A pair of patterned or printed trousers. The ideal choice to take you through spring and summer into autumn is a pair of achingly fashionable printed trousers. Check pattern trousers are a chic option, but you could also try striped or black and white skinny trousers to jump on board the red-hot monochrome trend, as well as lengthening the look of your legs.
- A bomber jacket. If you don’t have the cash to update your whole wardrobe for this season, invest in just one key piece – the bomber jacket. With rounded shoulders and a kind of cool 90s vibe, the reinvented bomber jacket is the epitome of the luxe sport trend that’s been so popular on the catwalks.
- A pair of low-heeled shoes. A blessing to those who find it a painful nightmare to walk around on sky-high platform heels, the low heel is set to be huge this year. Choose a pair with heels no more than a couple of inches high, with pointy toes and perhaps a bit of embellishment around the ankle. Match your shoes with an elegant bag and you’ll be ladylike and ready for spring from top to toe.
- An oversized white shirt. A crisp, white, tailored shirt is every girl’s best friend, being amenable to every kind of outfit and virtually every outing, working particularly well with jeans for women on casual occasions. This year it’s all about oversized shirts, which can be matched with white trousers and white shoes as part of the ‘all-white’ craze seen on the catwalks and championed by celebrities such as Mila Kunis, Miranda Kerr and Kim Kardashian.
- Transparent accessories. At the end of 2012 and the start of this year, we saw a lot of celebrities embracing the transparent shoe on the red carpet and they seem to be particular favorites of stars like Spiderman actress Emma Stone and singer Beyoncé. Throughout 2013, shoes with transparent material will still be everywhere, but they will also be complemented with transparent clutch bags, chunky bangles and other types of jewellery. Transparent neon accessories are a particularly good choice, combining two hot trends in one.